Give Peter Rabbit the Starring Role in your Party Ideas
It may not live up to the hype, but the live action animated comedy Peter Rabbit is soon to hit the big screen. Dividing fans of Beatrix Potter’s Classic, who might not initially warm to the modern adaptation of the book or favour the addition of the naughty little bunny’s new twerking moves, we are sure that the infamous rambunctious character will become even more popular than ever before in the wake of the movie. Whatever the reviews, he is on track to capture the hearts of another generation of admirers and boost his mischievous appeal. With this in mind, you might need to ensure your ‘warren’ is full of the best of what the delightful Peter Rabbit has to offer if you’re considering giving him a starring role in your Peter Rabbit party ideas.
Peter Rabbit’s Favourite Party Foods
Peter rabbit party ideas always start with food!! Peter Rabbit loves his food and there are plenty of food ideas that will inspire any birthday party or perhaps to enhance Baby showers and Christenings. My Kids love the the little raisins covered in chocolate, pretending they are bunny droppings or perhaps your kids will love the marshmallows disguised as bunny tails. Don’t forget carrot or orange juice to keep those little ones from being thirsty. Get the children in the kitchen before the party to make Peter Rabbits favourite food- Carrot cakes. Then display these cupcakes on the Peter Rabbit cupcake stand to make a real impression at your celebration.
CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES with CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Prep Time: 30 minutes ;Cook Time: 20 minutes; Total 24 cupcakes
For the Carrot Cake:
- 190g cups all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 330g granulated sugar
- 255g vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 250g shredded carrots
- 90g toasted walnuts, chopped
For the Cream Cheese Frosting & Finishing:
- 20 oz cream cheese (not light, not whipped), room temperature
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 220g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (20g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- toasted walnuts, chopped, for garnish, optional
For the Carrot Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180degrees and line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Add the lemon juice to the vegetable oil and set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip together the eggs and sugar
- With the mixer running on high, slowly pour in the vegetable oil mixture and whisk until completely emulsified (i.e. you can’t see any oil)
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and fold in the dry ingredients
- Fold in the walnuts and carrots until there are no more lumps of flour.
- Scoop into prepared tins no higher than ¾ full. You will have just enough batter to fill 24 cups.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes back clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan then turn out onto wire rack and cool upside-down. Yes, upside-down! Let cool completely before frosting.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar on medium low speed until soft and smooth, 10-12 minutes. It is very important your ingredients are at room temperature or you will have lumps of butter and you will have to soften over a water bath and your frosting will be runnier (Like mine. Don’t let impatience happen to you.)
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pipe on the frosting.
- Gently scoop some toasted, chopped walnuts into the palm of one hand and pat them around the edges of each cupcake.
- You can finish your cupcakes with a Peter Rabbit character pick, order from Luck and Luck.
Peter Rabbit Party Ideas
The character has always provided a great theme for all your Peter Rabbit party ideas, it lends itself well to first and early years’ birthdays, Christenings and baby shower parties. With his popularity and notoriety set to soar even further, you’ll be pleased to know that Luck & Luck has this themed party in the bag! We can provide a full range of Peter Rabbit party accessories, tableware and decorations which can be bolstered even further with some rich pickings from our Easter range too.
From invitations, bunting, stickers and paper bags to party cups, platters, plates and napkins Luck and Luck can help you can make all your Peter Rabbit party ideas become a real dream. In a matter of a few clicks, you can have a shopping basket full of everything you need to create a visual feast centred on a wonderful story by incorporating Peter and his garden antics into the ensemble
For me, the star of show is our carrot shaped napkins which can be loaded up with cutlery or party favours to brighten up the spread and would look great lined up on our artificial grass runner. Why not add a little touch of DIY too? Together we can make your Peter Rabbit themed celebration a wonderful, memorable classic!
- Fill a wheelbarrow with ice and beer bottles for the adult guests
- Use our Peter Rabbit stickers and tags to make your very own food labels or place settings
- Use fresh radishes and cabbages, Peter’s favourite foods, and an assortment of unused (new/clean) flower pots filled high with oodles of fresh fruit to decorate the table.
- As a centrepiece, why not put long sprouting carrots into a tall clear vase so their foliage cascades out of the top of it?Controversial suggestion perhaps with radishes, not carrots, being part of Peter Rabbit’s staple diet but they’re all great ways of adding an extra dimension to your spread.
- Our party cups can be used for drinks but can also be filled with dark cookie crumbs and carrot shaped biscuits dunked in the ‘dirt’ – or for a savoury take on it, baby carrots nestling in a bed of hummus.
- Our party bags can be filled with a stack of homemade Peter Rabbit cookies and delights all bound together with our ‘Handmade with Love’ ribbon.
Peter Rabbit Colouring Sheets
Peter Rabbit colouring sheets are another favourite with children.